January 22, 2009
here is brief about PT Telekomunikasi Selular:
- Telkomsel is the leading operator of cellular telecommunications services in Indonesia. providing its subscriber with the choice between two prepaid cards-simPATI and Kartu AS, or the post-pain Kartu HALO service, as well as variety of value added services and programs with GSM Dual Band (900 & 1800), GPRS, Wi-Fi, Edge, and 3G technology.
- Having the largest network coverage among all cellular operators in Indonesia. Telkomsel provides network coverage to approximately 95% percent of Indonesia's population and is the only operator in Indonesia that covers all the country's provinces and regencies, and all counties in Sumatra, Java, and Bali/Nusra.
- As a result if its business success, Telkomsel's gross revenues have grown from 3.59 Trillion IDR in 2000 to 44.38 Trillion IDR in 2007.
- Over the same period, the total number of Telkomsel's cellular subscribers increased from approximately 1.7 million as at 31 December 2000 to 47.9 million as at 31 December 2000 to 47.9 million as at 31 December 2007.
- As the end of March 2008, Telkomsel had 51,3 million customers, which represents an estimated market share of approximately 51% of all telecommunications service users in Indonesia.